Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2001 21:36:04 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: minicom is forbidden ?

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 06:51:00PM +0900, R. Lahaye wrote:
> When I do a make in /usr/ports/comms/minicom, I get:
> ===>  minicom-1.83.1_2 is forbidden: Local exploit yielding setuid uucp.

That warns you for a possible security problem with minicom.
Of course, now that you know it you might not want to install it anymore.
Buuuut... if you say "I don't care", get rid of the FORBIDDEN line
in the Makefile and install it.

> If minicom isn't available, what would be an alternative for setting
> up a terminal that listens to the serial port ?

kermit

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org