Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:24:39 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        FreeBSD Mail List <freebsdmaillist@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A good C book

FreeBSD Mail List <freebsdmaillist@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am starting to learn and use C.  What is a good book for the C
> language?  I understand the basics of programming, I really just need a good
> book that shows the syntax.  I would preferably like one with a really good
> index and or appendices so if I need to say, for example, write an array, I
> can just go look up the syntax.  Thanks for your help.

You'll probably find "The C Programming Language", by Brian Kernighan and
Dennis Ritchie, edition (2), a very nice book.  It's old now, and it is not a
book that is easy to use as a tutorial, but it is written by the same people
who wrote the language, so they probably know better than a 'teach you that in
24 hours' book.

-giorgos