Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:23:35 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org, tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org, nate@yogotech.com, lyndon@atg.aciworldwide.com, ticso@mail.cicely.de, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: uucp user shell and home directory

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 02:53:21 -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 02:25:37AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >
> > > I know *you* have full-time IP connectivity to the internet and the
> > > ability to host a distfile somewhere under your control.
> >
> > Fat lot you know.
>
> Come now, Terrence, do you really mean to tell me a man of your
> resourcefulness, a man with 20 years of internet experience, has no
> way to publically host a single file on the internet?

I agree with Kris. These days it is not a big problem, especially for
an opensource project, such as UUCP. Most obvious possibility is a
Sourceforge - it provides all what is necessary (i.e. cvs repo, bug
tracking database, mailing lists, www space, ftp space etc) at zero
cost. And in my view it is even better option than /usr/src, because
it is much easier to allow interested people to have r/w access to
that private repo.

C'mon Terry, don't allow your personal attachment to this old piece
of software drive you dipper and dipper into this mostly pointless
discussion.

-Maxim