Date:      Mon, 08 Oct 2001 07:31:38 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        huang wen hui <huanghwh@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My Xircom driver not work on 4.4

> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 04:12:31 -0700 (PDT)
> From: huang wen hui <huanghwh@yahoo.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Hi,
> I install FreeBSD 4.4 on my ThinkPad 600 and I have
> "Xircom CreditCard Ethernet CE3-10/100",
> The xe driver does not work on 4.4. It was work on
> 4.3. Here is my configuration:
>
> rc.conf:
>
> kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
> moused_enable="YES"
> nfs_reserved_port_only="YES"
> sshd_enable="YES"
> usbd_enable="YES"
> pccard_ifconfig="xe0"
> pccard_enable="YES"
> sendmail_enable="NO"
> ifconfig_xe0="inet 192.168.1.10  netmask
> 255.255.255.0"
> defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
> hostname="IBM01.gdvnet.com"

Why is the netmask on a new line? Looks wrong.

Your pcic is setting up in polling mode and I don't know why. How is
the pcic0 device set up in your kernel config? I have:
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000

This seems to work on my stable system, although it's a 600E.

I don't see anything else that looks wrong.

You don't seem to have APM enabled. It works quite well on this
platform. You also don't have the internal modem enabled, but perhaps
you never need it. I don't see these as relevant to the problem, but
they jumped out at me when I looked at your dmesg.

Are you setting any sysctl parameters at boot?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)