Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Syed Khalid Shah <skhs1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Please help partitions are mounted as readonly

--0-2001143418-1002592910=:62099

Hi , I am new to unix and using FreeBSD , to create my firewall , I did every thing and at the end changed /etc/fstab to mount all the partitions read only,

I need to change some thing in /etc/rc.conf  and I can't do it. Is there any way I can change that ,

I tried mount / and mount / rw , but did not work,

I don't know how to boot in single user mode

Any sugestion will be appreciated.

thanks

--0-2001143418-1002592910=:62099

<P>Hi , I am new to unix and using FreeBSD , to create my firewall , I did every thing and at the end changed /etc/fstab to mount all the partitions read only, </P>
<P>I need to change some thing in /etc/rc.conf&nbsp; and I can't do it. Is there any way I can change that , </P>
<P>I tried mount / and mount / rw , but did not work, </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I don't know how to boot in single user mode </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Any sugestion will be appreciated.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy <a
href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1" target="_blank">web site hosting</a>, just $8.95/month.
--0-2001143418-1002592910=:62099--