Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:05:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      tag <tag@blisted.org>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm a total mess..

	Howdy, I just upgraded from 4.2 to 4.4 and I have run into a bit
of a problem, my sound has totally quit on me.  The sound device I am
using is an onboard CMI 8330 chip, using the pcm drivers (just as I did
with 4.2, which worked beautifully).  Heres what the dmesg has to say
about it.

 pcm0: <CMI8330> at port 0x530-0x537,0x388-0x38f irq 11 drq 0 on isa0

	I have checked for IRQ conflicts (which shouldn't have been anyway
because I had none before upgrading), I have cvsuped, I have rebuilt my
/dev directory about 85 times, I have cvsuped again, built the world,
built the kernel, rebuilt the world, rebuilt the kernel, recvsuped, beat
my head against the keyboard...and now my forehead is starting to bleed.
Here is the error

 pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

	Its the only error I can find, and I cant find any sort of
explination for it.  If you could provide any help as to what on earth the
problem is it would be greatly apriciated.  Thanks

	-Scott