Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:02:43 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        f-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "make fetch" process can't be stopped from keyboard

this was, on the fateful occasion around Oct 12 03:23 -0400,
sent by Peter Pentchev

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:59:33PM -0400, parv wrote:
> > is it just me or did anybody else observe that "make fetch" process
> > cannot be stopped from keyboard (Ctrl-Z, or SIGSTP) anymore and/or
> > after upgrading to 4.4?
> >
> > i was happier when the fetch process could be stopped (thus could go in
> > background) -- via Ctrl-Z w/o the need to log on another term to send
> > SIGSTOP -- and would have let me to take care of other things. :<

let me add a qualification to above message: it doesn't happen all the
time, but only/mostly when a dependency file(s) need to be fetched.
please believe me, i did come across at least 3 of such events. i will
keep track of it next time.

> Did you change anything in your shell's terminal control settings?
> With bash-2.05, ^Z seems to work fine for me on a 4.4-stable system:

nothing funky is goin' on...

# stty -e
discard dsusp   eof     eol     eol2    erase   erase2  intr    kill
^O      ^Y      ^D      <undef> <undef> ^?      (       ^C      ^U
lnext   min     quit    reprint start   status  stop    susp    time
^V      1       ^\      ^R      ^Q      ^G      ^S      ^Z      0
werase
^W

...i did try one or two some random ports and things behaved
as expected.

i apologize, peter, to waste your time as i couldn't offer any
particular example of the undesired behaviour. thanks anyway.

- parv