Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 17:09:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: `make release`: what is "disc2"?

 > OK. I think that I will make a combi ISO too.
 >
 > Just one more question:
 >
 > You said to put disc1 in a directory called FreeBSD. Mt question is: where do
 > I put the disc2 contents: in some directory or in the root of cdrom?

In the root, just like they're on disc2.
This is an excerpt from the script that I use to make the
"combi" disc tree (CWD is $CHROOT/R/cdrom), maybe this
gives you an idea:

   echo ""
   echo "Creating \"combi\" cdrom."
   mkdir -p combi/FreeBSD
   echo "Hardlinking dist files ..."
   (cd disc1; find . -depth -print | cpio -dumpl ../combi/FreeBSD)
   ln combi/FreeBSD/kernel combi
   echo "Hardlinking live files ... (this will take a while)"
   (cd disc2; find . -depth -print | cpio -dumpl ../combi)
   echo "Creating filename.txt ..."
   (cd combi; make_filename.txt)
   echo "Done."

Then perform the usual steps to make a bootable ISO image
(see /usr/share/examples/work/makecdfs.sh for an example).
You might also want to grab the "XF86336" and "tools"
directories from some FTP site and add them to the CD.

Regards
   Oliver