Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:13:25 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Sven Hazejager <sven@chain.demon.nl>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which Ultra160/Ultra360 controller?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 16:56:17 +0200, Sven Hazejager wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a new SCSI host adapter for my PC. I'm looking at the
> Adaptec 29160N, but since that's quite expensive, I'm open to
> alternatives. It has to run FreeBSD-Stable without any problems, Windows
> 98/NT4/2000/XP, it has to be fast, it has to have the same connectors as
> the 29160N (50-pins HD external, 50-pins internal and 68-pins U160). It
> also has to run on an Athlon system (Abit KT7A), if that somehow may
> pose a problem.
>
> Suggestions? What are your favourite host adapters?

I would suggest the Adaptec 19160.  It has the exact same connectors as the
29160, but costs less.

www.microx-press.com sells the white box (i.e. no cables) version for
$155, and the kit version for $226. (versus $207 and $284 for the white box
and kit versions of the 29160N)

It works fine with FreeBSD, and should work fine under Windows as well.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org