Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:26:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to install -stable snap via FTP

I've been trying to install a -stable snapshot on a few of my machines so
that I get dirpref off the bat.  However, everytime I try to install using
passive FTP from releng4.freebsd.org, it fails fetching the bin
distribution.  What's weird is that when I go to Alt+F2, I don't see any
error messages, and it looks like bin transfered correctly (i.e. I see the
block size of the distribution at the end).

When I go to Alt+F4, I see a kernel.GENERIC, but no kernel (not sure where
in the install process kernel should exist, though).  I've tried this with
the 10/21, 10/26, and 10/27 snaps.  Doing 4.4-RELEASE from passive FTP
works fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Joe