Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:10:31 +0700
From:      Igor M Podlesny <poige@morning.ru>
To:        Johann Botha <joe@frogfoot.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: punch_fw

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:12:45AM +0200, Johann Botha wrote:
> Hi!
>
> could anybody please point me to some docs on using punch_fw to get active
> ftp working using natd.

Sorry, I coming with no ideas about `punch_fw' (what it is at all? :-) but
ipnat (ipfilter's sister) does it okay. It has some disavantages which natd
hasn't (can't do NAT on ANY interface or on interface specified by its
IP-address, you should exactly tell it which interface to work on) but
it allows to use active ftp connections nicely.

> man natd does not say much.
>
> an example config using ipfw's divert natd would be nice.
>
> --
> Regards
> Johann
>
>   "They mostly come at night, mostly" - Newt
>  Johann L. Botha       Debian GNU Jedi: joe@debian.org
>  +27.82.5626.167                          PO Box 3472
>  joe@frogfoot.net                         Matieland
>  workpage: http://www.frogfoot.net        Stellenbosch
>  homepage: http://blue.frogfoot.net       7602
>       ham: ZR1JOE                         South Africa
>
> Copyright (c) 2001. The Sovereigns of Frogfoot. All rights reserved.
> Disclaimer available upon request.

good luck,
--
Igor M Podlesny		http://morning.ru/~poige