Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:49:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        veedee <veedee@c7.campus.utcluj.ro>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, veedee wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone please explain to me what this means?
>
> Oct 29 21:46:58 /kernel: arp: 00:c0:df:eb:a9:1c is using my IP address 172.27.0.1!

Sounds bad, you should figure out who's trying to use your IP and get that
fixed.

> Oct 29 21:46:58 /kernel: xl0: no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!
> ... and after that... a whole bunch of...

You're running out of nmbclusters.  You can up it by adding
kern.ipc.nmbclusters=<some number> to /boot/loader.conf and then
rebooting.  To see what your current mbuf cluster usage / max are, see
netstat -m.  (If you're running less than 4.4, you will need to set
NMBCLUSTERS in the kernel config instead, then rebuild your kernel.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack