Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 22:54:15 +0900
From:      "K.Sumitani" <ksumitani@mui.biglobe.ne.jp>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Linux module MFC candidate for testing (i386)

Hello,

I found that VMWare does not work with Linux module MFC
candiate patch.

When I configure VMWare's network as Host-Only, VMWare get
error on power-up and not work.
Error dialog say:
    Could not get address for /dev/vmnet1: Invalid argument
    Failed to configure ethernet0.

After unload new linux.ko and load old one, it works.

Acrobat Reader and Linux-Netscape Navigator works well with
patch.

I'm using 4.4-STABLE around Oct 22.

Thanks,

Koshin Sumitani