Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:47:53 -0800
From:      Dave Tweten <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -STABLE buildkernel broke! (linux module)

cristjc@earthlink.net said:
>The problem seems to be stale dependencies. Add,
>  # rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/YOURKERNEL
>Or better yet,
>  # rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
>To your weekly script.

Since I mount a separate file system at /usr/obj, it would be an even faster
band-aid to unmount that file system, newfs it, and re-mount it each week.  In
fact, that could be done in parallel with the cvsup step.

But, wouldn't it be "better yet" to fix the problem so band-aids aren't
necessary?  One of my reasons for a weekly re-build is to help the community
discover and fix bugs as they are introduced.  It seems clear to me that this
is a build bug.

If my help could be useful, I'd be happy to help anyone who is both empowered
to fix this bug and interested in fixing it.
--
M/S 258-5                     | 1024-bit PGP fingerprint: | tweten@nas.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center     |  41 B0 89 0A  8F 94 6C 59 |      (650) 604-4416