Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:03:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      sandeepj@research.bell-labs.com (Sandeep Joshi)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tracking down "BTX halted"

I changed the disklabels on a few SCSI disks and now
I keep getting these "BTX halted" messages every time
I reboot.

They dont occur if I disconnect those disks.  They occur
even after I rewrite those labels.  Its not dedicated mode
or whatever now..

I am currently running 4.4-REL.

I am willing to post the entire system configuration
but it would be really nice if instead someone could
tell me _HOW_ to determine the problem.

A colleague tells me its possible to track the problem
from the registers(cs,es,..) in the message dump.

thanks
-Sandeep