Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/31229: new port: astro/linux-setiathome-i686

The following reply was made to PR ports/31229; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:26:55 +1100

 On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 12:10:02PM -0700, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR ports/31229; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
 > To: Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
 > Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
 > Subject: Re: ports/31229: new port: astro/linux-setiathome-i686
 > Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:02:46 +0200 (CEST)
 >
 >  here is the master/slave port version of linux-setiathome-i686.
 >  it seems to install/deinstall well. unfortunately, I can't test
 >  it since I only have a P166...

 I euh.. I honestly don't like the link between the two packages.
 I agree that they could be linked together, because they're both
 coming from the same source and are the same kind of application.
 But because of the possibilities of having unsynced versions (for
 example for MacOS/X they are at version 3.05 while the rest of the
 world is at 3.03) I would prefer it to keep the two ports seperated.

 Edwin

 --
 Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
 edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: