Date:      Sun, 02 Dec 2001 23:29:37 -0800
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        Tim Pierce <twp@unchi.org>
Cc:        jseger@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Building GCL on FreeBSD

> I'm attempting to port GCL 2.4 to FreeBSD, so any clarification
> of this problem would be much appreciated.

No idea what the "not compatible with new signals" comment
means.  I did a quick compile of gcl-2.4.0 and it does indeed
fail.  Haven't investigated further.

Would an alternate lisp do?  If it is maxima you are
interested in, apparently it works on cmucl (which works on
freebsd).

Sorry to say that Bill Schelter (wfs@mail.ma.utexas.edu) died
in late July 2001 but someone on the maxima mailing list may
be able to help you.  [I may be too but it has been ages
since I have played with gcl or maxima]

-- bakul