Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 04:01:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [SUGGESTION] - JFS for FreeBSD

hi,

BTW, i am a first timer at porting a file system...

if the proffesionals think that it is not wise or
useful to port the FS (especially IBM's), it is OK,

but, just in case, anyone else (more than three
people)
would like to port this FS to FreeBSD, my target would
be to get it done by September 2002, if we work in a
group...

i dont have web-space where i can host this project,
and we would need a mailing list... probably

freebsd-jfs would help..
and http://people.freebsd.org/~bsdjfs

but thats only if three of more people are _really_
interested in porting it... cause as you know...
porting an IBM file system (from looks) is not a
one man job :-)

=Hiten
=<hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>

> What mail client do you use? It seems to be playing
> havoc with your
> line breaks.

Sorry, as you know, i am only 15 years old, and my
dad has no plans to get me a pop account and let me
have my machine on 24/365 jus' to receive mail.. :-(

but... i use Yahoo! Mail, which if by far the fastest
mail i am using at the moment... i used to have
hotmail
but as you know.... Microsft-Hotmail.. so i  left it..

You can point me to a better free mail account, which
i can use in conjuction with my FreeBSD system having
to keep it on 24/7

> Yes, but your plans do involve making FreeBSD
> contain potentially
> more GPL'ed code than it already does. There are
> good reasons to keep
> GPL code away from the rest of the source (Legal and
> emotive).

well.. yeah

=Hiten
=<hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>