Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:04:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jimmy <jimmy@isppro.net>
To:        Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>, <francisv@dagupan.com>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Backup solutions

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Gary D. Margiotta wrote:

> I'll second the Amanda suggestion.  It takes a little practice and
> determination, but once it's set up it runs quite beautifully.  We've got
> a mix of 25+ Sun/FreeBSD servers backing up to a single FreeBSD box with a
> DDS-4 (great compression), and it never complains.  We've even gotten it
> working with a Sun StorEdge L1000 using the loader mechanism, and it's
> wonderful compared to the $10k+ Veritas solution our vendor wanted... ;)

I am sorry for my ignorance on this, but I am curious of Amanda. I have a
Tape Backup Unit which is a SCSI "Python 03812-XXX" de Sun Microsystems.
Till now I make manual backup of 4 servers on that single tape wich is
atached to a PC - FreeBSD System. The question is, can I make backups on
that single Tape of all the 4 servers? Can Amanda make  tasks queues?
I am giving a look to the web page of that project and I see it works on
systems with more than one single tape.

Well, may be what I am asking makes not sense ... I am sorry.

--JImmy