Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 02:01:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   What a FBSD FS needs to do?

Can anyone give a brief overview (or point to one) of what a FS in FreeBSD
needs to do to interact with the rest of the OS?  The general picture I've
got is of some code which interacts with the VFS layer above it and the
block I/O layer down below it.  It is this correct?  And what are the APIs
in those layers?  (and how does the FS interact with the VM?)

(I actually plan on sitting down and reading the FFS sources at some point
in the near future and seeing if I can learn that way, but any help would
be appreciated...)