Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:32:17 GMT
From:      yorickhardy@yahoo.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk

yorickhardy@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: patch for sb live record channel dead

My apologies, I noticed others having this problem (on the mailing list)
and when there was no response I thought I should have a go.

My apologies again for the inconvenience.

Yorick.

> This patch should fix the pcm0 recording channel dead error for the
> sb live. This is my first patch, so I hope it applies correctly.
> The patch is against stable, I do not believe it will work for current
> but I might be able to fix this also if the problem is present in
> current.

sigh, i do wish people would report these problems *before* we freeze.

i won't apply this for now- the better solution is to disable the efx and
dedicated-mic recording channel as we don't use the efx channel and none of
the sblives have a codec with a dedicated mic channel.

-current does not suffer this problem.

-cg