Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:41:20 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
Cc:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@si.FreeBSD.org>, Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>, qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: 4.5-PRERELEASE (25 Dec) and IBM IC35L040AVER07-0

I agree. I run ATA-100 drives all the time with ATA-33 and ATA-66
controllers routinely with little difficulty. Its possible that something
isn't negotiating correctly. Are you using a ATA-100 cable, or a 33/66
cable? I'm curious if the drive senses it, and thinks it should be in 100
mode, but the controller is too old to know about it, and works at 33....

In any event, I suspect this is more hardware related or a general bug that
has little to do with the fact its that drive on that controller.
	-Brian