Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:26:27 -0500
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc rc.diskless1

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 07:16:35PM -0500, Robert Watson wrote:

> Given that the -STABLE scripts for diskless are still quite broken, it's
> probably not worth fixing and MFC'ing before the release.  The -CURRENT
> ones required quite a lot of very basic tweaking before they worked.

Broken in what way?  It's been a while, but last I used them they
worked ok for my diskless setup.

> A quick fix would be to increase the size of the md device by default.

All that should need to be done is to go back to the pre 16k/2k
values, i.e., add the options "-b 8192 -f 1024" to the mount_mfs
command line (in -STABLE at least).

Unfortuneatly, I don't have a diskless setup at the moment that I can
test these changes on.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean