Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:16:01 -0800
From:      Jim Binkley <jrb@cs.pdx.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi0: if_wi.c access point scanning

With some help from Brooks and Adam Shand and others,  it is
now possible to scan for access points with the freebsd wi0
driver.

I put 4.4 BSD code (separate files/tar blob with everything/patches
per file) in:

ftp://ftp.cs.pdx.edu/pub/mobile/wi.44.patches/

It would be nice to have some beta testers.  Please try
and report back.  And keep an eye out for what "capinfo"
results might mean, as I have not much of a clue.
The code seems to work with prism2 devices as well.
However all I have in that regard is one dlink card.

There is also a nice feature in the driver for printing out
the firmware info at probe/insert time, and also hopefully
an improved man page for wicontrol.

				Jim Binkley
				jrb@cs.pdx.edu