Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:51:18 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   dependency question

This is probably a rather basic question but since I could not find an
archive for the gnome list I have to ask.

I have a port that I am working on that requires gtkhtml, gal, and
gnomeprint.  Now, if I am not mistaken, none of these are pulled in as
dependencies in the gnome meta port but are pulled in as dependencies
of ports that are called as part of the gnome meta port.  The port in
question uses the gnome environment and links in many gnome libraries.
Also, configure calls gnome-config, which is from gnomelibs.  I would
like to use the USE_GNOME make variable in the port Makefile and my
question is, do I need to explicitly include any of gtkhtml, gal, or
gnomeprint as dependencies or is USE_GNOME sufficient?

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net