Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:10:15 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dependency question

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 07:37:16PM -0500, Joe Clarke wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 18:49, Glenn Johnson wrote:
>
> > I have gnome installed on my system which makes it hard for me to
> > tell exactly what the software needs that others may not have, but
> > the software author says it needs gnome-1.4.  The bonobo libraries
> > are being linked in so I guess that means that it needs bonobo.  The
> > bonobo port pulls in gnomeprint as a dependency so I guess I should
> > have bonobo listed as a dependency.  Does that sound right?
>
> Yep, just LIB_DEPENDS bonobo.  That will take care of gnomeprint.

OK, I think I may have confused myself.  I edited my Makefile and
removed all dependencies but left USE_GNOME in then did a 'make clean'.
My thought was that this would tell me what ports were being pulled in
when USE_GNOME is set by looking at the 'cleaning list'.  When I do
this, bonobo, and of course gnomeprint, get listed.  Does this mean that
all I need is USE_GNOME or am I missing something here?

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net