Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:47:00 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make extract tries to gunzip files in DIST_SUBDIR

simon supplied,

> you got DISTFILES mixed: gzip/tar/plain
> i don't know if this should work perfectly with the standard do-extract
> if you can't avoid using these files (is lf95-6.1-1.tgz not enough?)

This is the way they come :)

I have the CD, which has those files.  If you download, I thinkyou get
one big tarball.

I definetly need the big one, but I believe I also need copy.tar, which
comes unzipped.

> also, PORTVERSION is not right: there may be no dash inside.

So how do I treat that one? 6.1-1 is Lahey's numbering.  PORTREVISION
would seem to apply to my adaptation of 6.1-1.

Can I just call it 6.1.1--though this seems to lose the ability to
change the version and have tha tarball found properly.

Thanks

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail