Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:19:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        imp@freebsd.org
Subject:   New item for -stable UPDATING...

After updating a 4.4-stable system to 4.5-REL, this happened
when trying to load linux.ko:

    link_elf: symbol seminfo undefined

and the load failed... yes I did follow the instructions in UPDATING
relating to linux.ko.

Apparenly now linux.ko links in with the semaphore stuff.  The fix
was to add 'options SYSVSEM' to the kernel config file.  Before it
only included SYSVSHM (which is the only one of the SYSV* options
actually required in order to run X I think).

Could we add a note about this to UPDATING?

Thanks,
-Archie