Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:17:24 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Soso Lolex <sosobsd@email.ro>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5 instalation failure

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Soso Lolex wrote:

> I burned the images of FreeBSD 4.5 on CD's and everything was ok
> in installation process until it started copying data. When
> copying process of /bin directory reached 100% I got an error
> something like "cannot copy \bin bla bla" though I browsed the CD
> and eveything was ok. I even tried to install it from a DOS
> partition where I extracted the content of the original image an I
> got the same error.

Is it possible that you were running out of space on the partitions
that you tried to install on?

> Any sugestions?? (btw, the cd was burned correctly and the images
> were downloaded via FTP so I dont see where's the problem)

Post more details about the hardware you have, and the options you
selected while trying to install.

For instance, useful information would be:

a) What disks you have on that machine.

b) What slices (DOS calls them partitions) the disks have.

c) What partitions did you create in sysinstall's menus.

d) What packages did you select to have installed?

- Giorgos