Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:45:03 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why would my laptop suddenly start failing to probe pccards?

I've seen this before.

The solution was an utterly cold shutdown between Win & FreeBSD.  Shut
off the power, completely; not standby mode, not suspend, not booting,
not sitting at the BIOS screen, cold shutdown.  Go get a cup of
coffee.  Sip your coffee and hit the power button.

Win will occasionally leave the PC Cards in a slightly scrambled
state.

IIRC, this has come up before... should it be a FAQ?

Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
my FreeBSD column: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons

http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/