Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:57:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Stephen L. Palmer" <slpalmer@midearth.org>
To:        Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is xe building while commented out?

You know, I've been building -currents off and on since 3.0-current, and
never realized that.  I guess since I usualy start a build and either
background it, or walk away...  I'll play with the MODULES_OVERRIDE
option, and thanks for the pointer.

I gave it another run with out the -j4 option, and it did seem to clarify
what was failing.

cc -c -O -pipe  -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs
-Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I/usr/src/sys
-I/usr/src/sys/dev -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica
-I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -I/usr/src/sys/../include  -D_KERNEL
-ffreestanding -include opt_global.h -fno-common -elf
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -Werror  /usr/src/sys/dev/isp/isp.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/src/sys/dev/isp/isp.c: In function `isp_reset':
/usr/src/sys/dev/isp/isp.c:633: warning: cast discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr2/obj/usr/src/sys/MIDEARTH.
*** Error code 1