Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:22:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/i386 exception.s genassym.c machdep.c mp_machdep.c mpapic.c swtch.s vm_machdep.c src/sys/i386/include cpufunc.h pcb.h src/sys/i386/isa apic_vector.s clock.c icu_vector.s intr_machdep.c intr_machdep.h npx.c src/sys/kern ...

:
:In message <200202261806.g1QI6GL94130@apollo.backplane.com> Matthew Dillon writes:
::     I will not back it out.  JHB has had issues with every single goddamn
::     thing I've tried to do that has been SMP related.  JHB has had
::     patches going stale in P4 related to just about every file I've ever
::     had to touch.
::
::     He has cried wolf one too many times.  It is totally inappropriate for
::     JHB to put a lock on the entire SMP subsystem.
::
::     JHB needs to get his act together.
:
:Matt,
:	These patches are in dispute and should not have been
:committed.  Please respect the FreeBSD process and back them out.
:This is totally unacceptible in the prioject.  While you may have some
:points about how smpng has been run, they do not justify this flagrant
:violation of long standing project proceedures.  Please back them out
:now.
:
:Warner

    I can only repeat what I've now said about a billion times.  JHB has
    no right to arbitrarily hold up my SMP contributions.  If he had done
    it just once it would not have been a problem.  I have no problem working
    with developers who are truely interested in working together.

    But he has done it four times now and that is one time too many.  I
    do not believe that he has the right.

    Core will have to back this out.  And if core does back this out I
    promise you that I will not rest until it goes back in.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>