Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:28:50 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/i386 exception.s genassym.c machdep.c mp_machdep.c mpapic.c swtch.s vm_machdep.c src/sys/i386/include cpufunc.h pcb.h src/sys/i386/isa apic_vector.s clock.c icu_vector.s intr_machdep.c intr_machdep.h npx.c src/sys/kern ...

-On [20020226 19:15], Matthew Dillon (dillon@apollo.backplane.com) wrote:
>    I will not back it out.  JHB has had issues with every single goddamn
>    thing I've tried to do that has been SMP related.

Nice mentality you display here.

>    JHB has had patches going stale in P4 related to just about every file
>    I've ever had to touch.

Given he was also moving house and being in between jobs I can understand
where his priorities lay and lie.

>    He has cried wolf one too many times.  It is totally inappropriate for
>    JHB to put a lock on the entire SMP subsystem.
>
>    JHB needs to get his act together.

No, you need to get your act together.

You got your insides strangled up so much for no apparent reason all of a
sudden.

John has been leading the SMP project for a long while now and in perfect
co-operation with a lot of people.  Plus he is the one who has built up the
most experience in this the last couple of months.

I have, thus far, only see you create a total ruckus, and on the
co-operation part have to see you handle things as good as John has been the
last couple of months.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / asmodai / Kita no Mono
asmodai@[wxs.nl|xmach.org], finger asmodai@ninth-circle.org