Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:03:48 -0700
From:      "Peter W. Schmiedeskamp" <pschmied@selway.umt.edu>
To:        Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: porting question.

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 09:12 pm, you wrote:

> No comment. Any Real Women (tm) here want to comment, though?

Touche.  It was intended for humor, but perhaps some may take offense.  My
apologies.  Henceforth, I shall use Real Person (tm) or I'll just omit jokes.

> A quick "man 2 umask" reveals that, yes, in fact, that is your problem.

I read the man page, and it sounded to me like that might have been the
problem.  I fear maybe I don't have the mental mettle for being a porter, as
I'm still not quite sure what to do with the knowledge contained in this man
page.

Can anyone reccommend a good default umask value for porting, and how I
should go about setting that (it looks like I set the umask of a process, but
I'm not sure how I would go about that in the Makefile)

> The sentence quoted below is the first place you're going wrong. If
> you're going to contribute, you should be subscribed to the mailing
> list.

Again, you've caught me, I'll subscribe.

> Maybe this once.

Thank you for your help.

-Peter