Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:06:52 -0500
From:      "Paul C. Boyle" <paulcb_mcse@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Do the newbies get hareware freaky.

I saw on a news program In Toronto a little while back,
about geeks and their tweaked up hardware.
They had overclocked chips, cooling fans every place you can think.
Probably with chrome plating.  Their boxes were quite decked out as well.
Some had plexiglass side pannels to see the chrome and brass fans spinning.
They did not mention in the program though as to what os they were running.
I suspect some form of Win9x for game playing.
I have a Plll 850 256M of ram on an Asus slot One board.  I cannot overclock
this but I find it to be a very stable piece of hardware.  If I had the money
I would go for some sort of scsi raid hard drive controler with 3 10,000rmp
drives.  Without parity.  The  read times would top the box off quite nice.
What do you do and what would you like to do, now that you run the most
efficient operating system this side of Starfleet?