Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:58:51 +0200
From:      Dimitar Peikov <mitko@rila.bg>(by way of Dimitar Peikov <mitko@rila.bg>)
To:        "cjp" <cjp@sandstorm.net>
Subject:   Re: Swapping performance

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:42:44 -0500
"cjp" <cjp@sandstorm.net> wrote:

> This is a comparison of how fast Linux can do something
> STUPID versus how fast a real OS can do something intelligently.  Your
> test is giving you misleading, and dangerous numbers.  Do not go waving
> them around until you have actually looked at mallocs behavior on the
> different systems.

In fact if I have to compute something really important for me (STUPID as
you said) I would choose the fastest OS. I start this thread not to blame
against *BSD architecture but the see if there is a way to fix this and to
catch the right person who had more experience than me in this area! I have
no idea to start anything that would be treated as blame against FreeBSD and
against any of the developers who support it! Further more I prefer FreeBSD
than Linux, but if I have to wait one day to calculate something on FreeBSD
and to wait a few hours less using Linux I would run Linux or Solaris or
whatever.

If I don't like FreeBSD I would not post my letter, I don't like to loose my
time with something that is STUPID! I don't know if your case is this!