Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:52:30 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: zlib security advisory

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 06:39:00PM -0500, Alan Eldridge wrote:
> Redhat just announced a security problem is zlib which affects, oh,
> half the bloody world of network programs. A CERT advisory is expected
> to follow. Do we have a patch, or should I work one up based on
> RedHat's?
>=20
> http://www.linuxsecurity.com/advisories/redhat_advisory-1963.html

The updated zlib has been commited to current stable will presumably
follow shortly.  Additionaly, phk says that the FreeBSD malloc should
not be vulnerable to exploits of this type.  It will produce a warning
and either continue or exit depending on your malloc flags.

-- Brooks

--=20

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--