Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:17:14 GMT
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>
To:        murray@freebsd.org (Murray Stokely)
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/scripts print-cdrom-packages.sh

> From: murray@freebsd.org (Murray Stokely)
> Date: Tue 12 Mar, 2002
> Subject: cvs commit: src/release/scripts print-cdrom-packages.sh

>   * Add print/teTeX to the list of important packages for disc #3.  This
>     very large package is exactly the kind of thing that users buy the
>     CDs for, so leaving it off of a 4 CD set is very bad.

Good.

You might also consider making sure that all dependencies for the docproj
package are on the CD-ROMs.

I've never been happy that the FreeBSD documentation can't be built using
the base system (which has a perfectly good typesetter...), but was recently
flabberghasted when I made my first attempt to use the CD-ROM packages for
what seemed an obvious task, only to find out the CD-ROM set was insufficient!
teTeX was the biggie, but if my notes are correct the other omissions are:
docproj, jadetex, peps (none of which will break the byte bank).

(Even better would be having all the docproj packages on the same CD-ROM.)

I presume these packages are all on FreeBSD Services' DVD-ROM release...

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark@thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>;
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses