Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:44:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Fesler <jfesler@gigo.com>
To:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Replacement for intel ISP1100 on FBSD 4.5?

> I was using the Intel 1100's
> 1u rack, 'serial console redirection' i bios (I could use hyperterminal and
> even hit f<2> to enter bios setup!
> Anyone using something similar? supports FBSD, 1u rack? couple nic cards?
> can boot without video card or keyboard?
> anyone used the intel sr1200? or compaq dl360? (I don't think I want to goto
> dell)

If you don't mind putting your own boxes together (or going through a
reseller that does), I"m finding the SBC2 Intel boards (aka, Coos Bay) are
working fairly well.  F2 does work over serial; comes with dual nic built
in; running headless.  Our configuration is 2U but half-depth.

Only problem with PC hardware is that once you find something like, they
discontinue it :-/.