Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 12:49:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, <cvs-all@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/net/bind9 Makefile distinfo pkg-plist

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Akinori MUSHA wrote:

> At Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:11:05 -0800 (PST),
> Doug Barton wrote:
> > 	Thank you for your suggestion. I used a simplified version of it
>
> It's okay but it looks somewhat redundant to put the version number
> three times in Makefile,

	I count two. PORTVERSION and ISCVERSION. Can you show me the
third?

> and you could remove a redundant '/' in the
> ${MASTER_SITE_RINGSERVER:...} line.

	I'm not sure what you mean by that.

> > to fix PORTVERSION. As for the PORTNAME change, in addition to wanting
> > 'pkg_add -r bind' to do the right thing, I also want 'pkg_add -r bind9' to
> > be available to those who want it. Sorry for not making that clear.
>
> It was clear to me and I took account of it...  Did you miss the below
> line in the patch?
>
> +LATEST_LINK=	bind9

	I didn't miss it, frankly I'm not sure what it does. However,
by changing PORTNAME I'm sure that 'pkg_add bind' and 'pkg_add bind9' do
exactly what I want them to.

	Frankly, while some of what the ports do currently is quite
elegant, in my opinion, too much of it tries too hard to be too clever,
and ends up just being hopelessly obfuscated. My version of the port may
not fit your idea of elegance, but it accomplishes the goals I had in
mind, and that's good enough for me.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?