Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:15:23 +0100
From:      Bradley T Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
To:        Jeremy Norris <ishmael27x@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP:  XFree86 4.2.0 going back in the tree

On Monday 18 March 2002 23:32, Jeremy Norris wrote:

> > This could be an option until the XFree86 people implement a real
> > XThrStub library.
>
> I thought this problem went away with XFree86-4.2.0 because libGL.so.1
> links to libXThrStub.so.6 (which contains weak symbols to
> pthread_foo)??? (Although I have older uncommitted XFree86-4.2.0_3
> megaport installed locally, not new metaport, maybe it isn't the same)?

XFree86 4.[01].x also provides a libXThrStub with pthread_* symbols, but it
doesn't provide all the symbols needed in libGL (like
pthread_getspecific).  Perhaps I could work up a patch to make libXThrStub
provide all the proper symbols, so that we have a libGL that's usable in
multithreaded programs...

Bradley T. Hughes - bhughes at trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway