Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:34:37 -0500
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   libtool port?

Hi All,

  I've finally gotten around to getting things up and running on my U10,
went well.  There seems to be a bug in sh, though.  When buildling
libtool, I get this:

Making all in libltdl
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile /arch/sparc64/hosted/bin/gcc
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -O -pipe -c ltdl.c
-shared: not found
./libtool: 327: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
*** Error code 2

I've got the latest /bin/sh (from p4, cvsup'd from cvsup10).  I'm
convinced it's a bug in /bin/sh because if I link /bin/sh to my ksh
installation, things go well.  I really don't know where to start.. I'm
not much of a shell programmer and the libtool shell script is pretty
insane :)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--pete