Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:35:29 -0500
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-smp <smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Interrupt delivery on SMP 760MPX board 4.5-R/4-S

Hello,
Perhaps someone here can help me. I recently purchased a Tyan Tiger MPX
(S2466N) dual-athlon board, with on-board 3c920 NIC. I have been having
difficulty getting multiple Tulip (DC2114x) NICs to work with this board.
First, I had ordered a DLink DFE-570TX quad-channel DC21143 board to run
on the server. Using both the dc and de drivers, I have beeing experiencing
issues where the device doesn't appear to be delivering interrupts properly.
The card does work perfectly fine on my UP EPoX 8K7A+ (AMD-760) motherboard
at home. Thinking that it was perhaps a compatibility issue between the board
and the bridged card (PCI-PCI DC21152 bridge), I went out and got four
Asante FriendlyNET DC21140AF NICs for the system (cards I use at home). The
problems persist. Anyway, I am not extremely familiar with the inner-workings
of the MP spec and APIC-based hardware, and am at a loss as to what is going
on. Unfortualtely, this board doesn't provide many PCI tweaking features
in the BIOS, like Slot-INTPIN assignments, IRQ-PIN assignment, etc...
BTW, this is running 4-stable, which I upgraded to from 4.5-R, to get the
ATAPI and AMD768 support. 4.5-R experienced the bad behavior, though. I have
the mptable, dmesg, and pciconf -l output if anyone could help me with this.

--
coleman