Date:      Mon, 01 Apr 2002 15:43:47 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        otterr@telocity.com
Cc:        "'Alessandro de Manzano'" <adm@unixmania.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: status of ATA subsystem

otterr  <otterr@telocity.com> writes:
> If stability is an issue, maybe you should look into RELENG_4_5 for only
> fixes since -RELEASE.

This is true. However, stability is an issue AND I also want the newer
things in -STABLE, like sendmail 8.12 (ducks), and even Soren's ATA
based cdrecord so I can finally burn CDs on my arbitrary CDRW drive
here.

So I believe the properly phrased questions are

a) "What is the stability status of the current changes to the ATA
subsystem in -STABLE?".

and

b) "We'd like to know the first date (past today) that someone sups
-STABLE who runs ATA devices, and sees no problems."

and

c) "We'd like to know the last date (past today) that someone sups
-STABLE who runs ATA devices, and sees problems."

If I've been too specific, I'm sure someone will hit me with
a cluebat. =)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

By definition, when you are investigating the unknown,
you do not know what you will find or even when you have
found it.