Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 01:36:02 -0600
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LinkSys wpc11v2.5 card: random shutdown?

* M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org> [020405 01:29]:
> In message: <20020405072308.GA195@lerlaptop.lerctr.org>
>             Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> : wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at port 0x240-0x27f irq 3 flags 0x10000 slot 1 on pccard1
> : wi0: 802.11 address: 00:06:25:01:da:49
> : wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3873, Firmware: 1.0 variant 3
> :
> : Nothing in the log when it happens :-(.
> :
> : (it hasn't happened today since this am, but I expect it will.).
>
> I'd expect to maybe a card removed event or something.  Lemme know if
> you see something like this.  It might also be an interaction with
> your ToPIC controller (since I haven't updated the ToPIC support in
> -stable yet due to lack of hardware).
Nope.  NOTHING at all.  Just random lockups.  When it does
I glance over to the card, it has both LEDs off.  It generally was
when I was on the network and using IMAP, but just random too.  When
it gets into this mode, it can be minutes to hours between lockups.

I've seen it happen both at my house (using a LinkSys WAP11 AP), and
at the office (using Apple AirPort AP's).

When I pull the card after one of these events, we get expected
messages about the busy bit and other nastiness from incomplete I/O,
and dhclient whining about not config'd devices.

It was happening every few minutes around the time I posted the
original message, now it hasn't happened since ~11:00am (CST, UTC
-0600), in EITHER location. :-(.

I hate intermittent failures. :-(.

What else can I get for y'all?