Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:24:13 -0400
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        f-mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Recommend a laptop for FreeBSD

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 03:55:02AM -0400, parv wrote:

> > I'm looking to purchase a laptop to run FreeBSD.  Other than the
> > best price performance, I'm looking for troublefree installation
> > and native support for all the hardware.

You may want to consider getting an iBook. It's not exactly
FreeBSD, but it's a Unix platform. I have been running FreeBSD
for several years now and have often contemplated getting a laptop
and putting freebsd on it. But I just did not have the time
to do all the research and then worry about all the special
apm services working.

With the iBook/airport card and the airport base station, I
can work anywhere in the house and connect to my server
and perform administration work as needed. I don't have to
worry about apm. I get audio and video (you enter a new world
of computer use with a wireless card and iTunes :) )
a cdburner and the ability to create movies. But, the big seller,
I still get all the unix sw that I use on FreeBSD.

$0.02

--
Jim Freeze
If only I had something clever to say for my comment...