Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:46:18 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@ark.cris.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: html in xml

hi,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:24:41AM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

> > > and xsltproc is converting it to simple text, f.e.
> >
> >   What does the 'a' template look like in your XSLT stylesheet?  If it
> > is not defined, then the processor will just ignore this element (as
> > it should).  If you would like to do something with that content, then
> > you'll need to write a XSLT template.  What XSLT stylesheet are you
> > using?  This is a stylesheet question, and you shouldn't wrap this
> > text in CDATA.
>
> You can just steal <xsl:template match="a"> from
> www/en/news/newsflash.xsl.
>
> Although, thinking about it, I suspect we should be using namespaces for
> this -- this is what I get when I write prototypes while only
> understanding a small portion of the spec.
>
> Then your XML would look something like this:
>
>     <foo xmlns:html="http://.../">;

>     </foo>
>
> where "http://.../" is the URI for the HTML spec.

I have reviewed w3c's XSLT docs and available examples and decided that
following construction better fit my requirements:

  <xsl:template match="descr">
    <xsl:copy-of select="child::node()"/>
  </xsl:template>

It copies whole node content to result tree ASIS.

BTW, another few questions:

1. is there any way to set variable with name defined at
runtime ? Something like:

<xsl:variable name='$var_name' select='xxx'/>

2. is there any way to change variable values ? XSLT specification
says that's not possible, but what about xsltproc implementation ?