Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:23:34 -0800
From:      John Andersen <jsa@pen.homeip.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhclient going crazy...

On Thursday 25 April 2002 12:56 pm, Bill Moran wrote:

>  the ISP feels I've been running DoS attacks against its DHCP servers:
>
> Sure sounds like bullsh*t to me.  From the looks of the arp messages
> below, it doesn't look like you're the one changing MAC addresses.

Doesn't sound like bull to me.  Thats exactly whats happening, for one
reason or another, he is sucking leases from that server as  fast as
he can.

What could cause this?
There is clearly one mac address change reported in your log.
What was that caused by?

You aren't running LaBrea are you?  (It sucks up IPs intentionally).