Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:01:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Garance A Drosehn <gad@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvs commit: src/gnu/usr.bin/patch pch.c

gad         2002/04/26 12:01:19 PDT

  Modified files:
    gnu/usr.bin/patch    pch.c
  Log:
  Modify our 'patch' utility to recognize the
     \ No newline at end of file
  line that some versions of diff print out if the last line of the two files
  are different, and one of the two files does not have a newline character
  on that last line.

  This change is still somewhat under discussion in -arch and -standards, but I
  want to commit it to -current today so I'd have the chance to MFC it to -stable
  before the code freeze for 4.6-release (which would be May 1st).

  Note: the related change to 'diff' (so it might *generate* that line) is NOT
  expected to be included in 4.6-release.  We can debate that change later.

  Obtained from:  NetBSD (1.13 of basesrc/usr.bin/patch/pch.c, by kristerw)
  MFC after:      4 days

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.18      +65 -1     src/gnu/usr.bin/patch/pch.c