Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 16:19:40 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Todd M Kokoszka <kokostm@auburn.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: locked out of machine

boot -s .

Then once you are in, mount -u ; mount -a.

Then fix things up.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go